Epic V10L Surfski – Built from the Ground Up For Smaller Paddlers
What They Say….
The original Epic V10L has performed like Epic’s other high performance surfskis, winning many big races, such as the Molokai World Championships woman’s title multiple times.
- The design brief for the new Epic V10L was very simple. “Give paddlers the same performance, speed, handling, ergonomics and stability as the newly designed V10, but with a design optimized for paddlers weighing less than 75 kg (165 lbs). Greg Barton and Oscar Chalupsky started with a clean slate and spent months perfecting the design.
- The result is a new Epic V10L that lighter paddlers will notice has similar stability to the new V10. They will find it is faster, handles with a livelier feel and is less affected by cross winds compared to the V10.
- Ergonomically, the new Epic V10L has the narrowest width at the stroke catch of all Epic surfskis (even narrower than V14), giving the paddler more comfort and ease in the stroke.
- The new cockpit has a lower hump under the knees and adjusts to fit paddlers with a wider range of leg lengths. It will fit most paddlers between 4’10” and 6’2″ (1.47 to 1.88 m). The seat is a perfect fit for most paddlers in the average size range while shaped so that thinner paddlers will also feel well connected to the boat.
- The new Epic V10L has been truly optimized for paddlers 165 lbs (75 kg) and under, however it can also be paddled by those up to 198 lbs (90 kg) in flat water. (NOTE: Paddlers over or 176 lbs or 80 kg will notice reduced stability and a decrease in rough water performance compared to the new V10, so they will be far better served by the new V10).
- The Epic V10L uses all of the legendary design comforts. The popular new Epic designed and manufactured bailer (patent pending) is now standard on all Epic surfskis. You could read more about Epic bailer’s unmatched performance here.
- The new Epic V10L is the boat of choice for lighter paddlers in all conditions.