We’re back with our most frequent and popular podcast guest, the infamous Oscar Chalupsky. It’s always informative and exciting to catch up with Oscar and this podcast is not exception.
If you haven’t read Oscar’s book, order it now, it is an absolute must read. If you’re like me, you won’t put it down until it is finished. I’ve known Oscar for 10 years, but reading this book, I realized there is still a lot I don’t know. Oscar has led an action packed life and this book is his best attempt to tell it all.
In addition to discussing his book, we cover much more including:
- Paddling out through surf breaks – something many paddlers in the US don’t get a chance to practice enough
- Incredible paddling conditions in Brazil
- The Nelo Paddle race in Malaysia
- Winning Molokai at 50
- The Shaw and Partners Investment in Surfski in general and specifically the Western Australia Race Week
The title of this podcast says it all about Oscar. They Said….
- You can’t paddle with low elbows
- You can’t go fast in a stable boat
- You can’t paddle with zero feather
- You can’t race on no carbs
- You can’t race with no liquids
- You can’t win a world championship race at 50
Over and over again, Oscar has challenged the conventional wisdom and proven it wrong. Here’s to hoping he doesn’t stop! No Retreat, No Surrender
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Email | RSS